National Women’s Health Week: Ideas on Finding Time for a Healthy YouNews - May 17, 2017
Ladies! It’s National Women’s Health Week! Don’t delay on making your health a priority. Need some easy ideas on how to get started?
If you’re stuck in the office 40-plus hours a week you have to get creative about sneaking in healthy habits. Here’s some ideas from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women’s Health:
- Organize a lunchtime walk with your coworkers.
- Encourage everyone to stand at your next meeting.
- Host a healthy potluck or lunchtime salad bar.
- Start a friendly competition with coworkers. Track your steps, water intake, or other healthy activities.
- Bring in light weights you can use at your desk.
Got some free time?
The Office on Women’s Health suggests:
- Experiment with a new recipe! Need healthy recipe ideas? Try these for inspiration.
- Turn on your favorite music and have a dance party!
- Take a walk with your neighbors.
- Go for a family bike ride.
- Attend a fitness class.
Most importantly: Make time for yourself to stay healthy! That includes taking the time to visit your doctor or a specialist if you are having ongoing health issues. If one of your issues is pain-related, we can help! Call us today at 814-833-7246 for a consultation.