If headaches are causing you chronic pain, Tri-State Pain Institute in Erie, Pa., can help.
Headaches are one of the most common types of pain. While most headaches are not a serious health concern, we recommend you contact our pain experts if you:
- Frequently take over-the-counter pain medication for tension headaches, migraine headaches or cluster headaches.
- Have trouble performing daily activities because of painful headaches.
- Are getting progressively worse headaches over time.
- Get headaches associated with other neurological problems, such as seizures.
- Experience muscle weakness or numbness in a limb, personality changes, speech changes or vision changes when you have a headache.
- Have a headache after hitting your head or being in a car accident.
The pain management specialists at Tri -State Pain may be able to prescribe different medications to control your headaches or even prevent them from occurring. It is important to develop a pain management plan because over-the-counter pain medication may have side effects if it is taken in high doses or too frequently.